Custom Home Builder Serving Whatcom, Skagit, and Snohomish Counties
We design and build beautiful custom homes in the Pacific Northwest
Building a new spec home or a custom home can be an exciting and very rewarding experience. It can also be extremely stressful if you’ve hired a contractor without extensive experience in the home building industry. Choosing an experienced home builder will ensure the construction of your new home is stress-free and you have a beautiful, enjoyable place to live for many years.
What Type Of Home Are You Planning To Build?
- Do you have an existing lot you’d like to build your dream home on?
- Have you purchased a vacation home in the area and want to build your cabin?
- Are you looking for a better place to raise your growing family?
- Are you demoing an existing home you’d like to rebuild?
- Do you want a more energy efficient home?
No 7 Development is a custom home building and construction contractor based out of Mount Vernon, Washington and serving the surrounding areas in Whatcom, Skagit, and Snohomish Counties. We specialize in designing, planning, and building our customers dream homes.
Whether you have existing plans for a spec home or you’d like to work with our design team or your own architect to design a home that will be perfect for your lifestyle, we can build it for you. The No 7 team are excellent communicators and extremely talented craftsman and we take the time to ensure we understand your desires, wants, and needs so we can deliver exactly what you’re looking for. We take great pride in building our clients dreams one home at a time.
Our Home Building Process:
Site Inspection/Consultation: One of the first things we need to do when building a new home is to visit with you at your property so we can complete a site inspection and consultation with you. We’ll view your property so we understand the lay of the land, we’ll discuss your vision, and how we can accommodate that vision on your chosen build site. We’re going over every detail with you prior to moving into the design phase such as existing slope on the property, trees and shade, where the sun will rise and set, maximizing any potential views, driveways and parking, and more. We’ll also have to discuss your budget as we don’t want to suggest or plan out anything that doesn’t fit within your range of affordability.
Determining Your Budget
As your chosen builder it’s our responsibility to work with you to develop a budget for your new home. Here are a few things you’ll want to consider when determining your budget as without proper planning you could find yourself spending a lot more than you had originally intended.
- The cost of the land. Do you already own your lot or will be purchasing one?
- What about local taxes and fees? These can vary in each county.
- Design and engineering fees. The size and complexity of your home can increase this cost.
- The actual home construction. New construction can vary widely based on many factors.
- Landscaping costs. Do you know what type of landscaping you want?
- Interior decorating and material choices. Luxury materials can add up quickly.
Questions For This Stage Of The Process:
- Have you determined the approximate size (square footage) of your new home?
- Does your property present any restrictions for home size or layout?
- Will the property require extensive excavation to make it suitable for building?
- Do you have sewer, septic, power, and water, or a well in place?
- How many stories do you want your new home to be?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms does your family need?
- Do you have any other specific rooms you might want? (den, workshop, theater, dining room etc..)
- Do you have an idea on the layout you want? (it’s ok if you don’t!)
- Does your property have existing features you want to incorporate or take advantage of?
- What about privacy from your neighbors?
The Home Design Phase: If you don’t already have a set of blueprints or an architect you’re working with we can move into the design phase. This is where we work with you to design your new home to meet your families needs and stay within your target budget. We have various home plans we can present to you, they can be modified to suit your lifestyle, or we can create something totally custom that will be unique to you. If you can dream it, our team can build it.
Questions For The Design Stage Of The Process:
- What aspects of your lifestyle do you want to compliment with your home?
- What structural features do you want in each room?
- Do you know what type of materials you want for flooring, cabinets, fixtures, etc…?
- Are there special features you want to include? (fireplaces, vaulted ceilings, heated floors, etc.)
- Do you want your home to be energy efficient?
- Do you want a beautiful, luxury kitchen or something more economic?
- Do you want luxurious bathrooms or more utility?
We need to know every last detail about what you want, what you need, what you like, and what you dislike. All of this information is helpful for our team.
The design phase can be very exciting and there will be plenty of anticipation and emotion involved as you’ll be making many important decisions. There will be plenty of back and forth during the design phase as we want to ensure every detail is planned out and agreed to before entering the construction phase of your project. We’ll spend the time to ensure we’ve got everything right and you’re happy with what we’re about to build for you and your family.
The Construction Phase: After all of the design considerations have been made, all the materials are chosen, and the appropriate team of experienced trades has been assembled, we’re ready to finally build your home! This is the most exciting part of the project for you and us as we get to finally see and experience all of the hard work and dedication from all parties involved.
The Construction Phase Includes:
- Excavation and lot clearing/preparation.
- Building your homes foundation.
- Framing your home.
- Installing plumbing and electrical.
- Roofing, siding, and windows.
- Interior finishing, painting, flooring, cabinets, hardware.
- installing your landscaping.
There is a lot to take in and consider when venturing into a new or custom home construction project and the team at No 7 Developments can hold your hand and guide you the process at every step of the way.
If you’d like to arrange an initial consultation for your new home or custom home construction project give us a call at (206) 973-6386 or fill out our online contact form and we’ll get back to you right away to arrange a date and time for us to meet. We’re excited to meet you and learn how we can build your dream into reality.